domingo, 12 de marzo de 2017

Great Expectations

  • If Pip had not received his "great expectations" and never left Joe's forge, how do you think his life would have been different? Are the lessons he learns during his physical and emotional journey necessary for him to arrive at the wisdom he displays as the middle-aged narrator of this tale? In what ways?
I think that his life would have been different because he could have found happiness without money. The lessons that he learnt during his physical and emotional journey were necessary because in this way he can realize that life and feelings are more than money and like this he can love the people that surround him without think in their economic situation.

  • When Dickens first wrote Great Expectations, the book had a sad ending. He changed the ending because his friends wanted a happy ending. What do you think the first, sad ending was like?
Then, one evening in December, I returned to the old forge. There I found a girl crying disconsolately and I realized that this girl was Estella. I started to console her and I asked why she was crying. She explained that Miss Havisham had been a mother for her and now she feels alone without her company. The next day I went to Estella’s house because I was worry about her situation, but unfortunately a women opened the door and told me that Estella has killed herself.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario